George H. Hermann Statue
N. MacGregor Drive
George H. Hermann was a native Houstonian and philanthropist, born in 1843. He acquired great wealth through the creation of several business enterprises, and with his generosity, brought about the establishment of Hermann Park and Hermann Square, adjacent to Houston’s City Hall. Hermann Hospital, across the street from Hermann Park, is the result of a bequest in his will. The bronze George H. Hermann Statue stands in the park that bears his name and was created in 1981 by Lonnie Edwards. It stands on a large pedestal of pink granite and was donated to the City of Houston by the Hermann Hospital Board of Trustees.